Thursday, 13 March 2014

Stuff

Okay, all kinds of things, all at once today. I've been away from the blog for a bit because my interest in it tends to come and go, and because I've been busy.

How busy? Well, I'm very nearly at the end of the biggest piece of writing I've ever done. Not by much. I've written 90,000 word things before, but this breaks into three figures, which feels like some kind of milestone. Particularly when it's non-fiction. Making stuff up and writing it down is easy. Writing real stuff down and getting it right is harder. This one is longer (though hopefully less dry) than my PhD was.

I've also started writing a list of things for the April A-Z, trying to stick with my theme of medieval stuff for writers. The trick there seems to be finding things that are interesting and medieval enough, while still being useful to other people.

I've got a couple of pieces of work in the pipeline at the moment, one of which is out to publishers, the other I'm writing. Although I'm writing bits of several things at the moment, trying to find what works for me. I typically find that I need to go at a particular piece of work repeatedly to try to get the shape of the story clear enough to work.

Oh, and I've worked out how to do freebies on Amazon now, so anyone who wants to pick up a copy of The Glass, but who doesn't really do Smashwords can get the kindle edition for free from Saturday for five days.

Incidentally, if you've read any of my novels and you liked them, it would be doing me a big favour if you took a moment to review them, whether over at Goodreads, on Amazon, or on your blog. I'm sure you've got a lot of authors asking the same, but it really does help other readers to see what books are like.

No comments: