Friday, 12 July 2013

Scrivener?

Just out of interest, does anyone use scrivener? I acquired a copy, since I thought it would be a useful tool for work, but at the moment I'm not convinced enough about what it can do for me to move away from a big folder full of Word documents.

So does anyone have any tips on using it? Does it suit a particular style of working more (at the moment, it feels like it's a 'write lots and sort it out after' tool, which isn't really the way I write)? I'm trying it out by writing down some random thoughts on writing as part of a project I've always had half an eye on, but I could use some thoughts on good ways to get up to speed.

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Several of my blogger buddies use it and swear by it. And if I could recall even one of them, I'll point you in her direction!

Laura C said...

I've just started using a 30 day trial of it. I'm liking it so far. I like that I can have everything in one place, but at the same time separated down as much as I like. At the moment I use individual documents for each chapter. The settings are a bit strange and it took me a while to work out how to change default settings, but I got there. The only problem I find is that it seems very focused on first drafts and editing that document, but not with writing multiple drafts.
Hope you work it out, would love to see a post about how you use it.