Thursday, 15 November 2012

Submitting

I'm currently shopping around with my novel, trying to find a publisher that's the right fit for it. That's quite hard work, even though I feel that this one is at least as good as any of my previous efforts, because it really doesn't fit neatly into any of the most popular categories. It is, broadly speaking, comic fantasy, but it's fraction more serious than Court of Dreams, having a little more plot in between the jokes. It has angels and demons in it, but it's not particularly religious in tone. It does the urban fantasy thing a little, but without the obvious romance angle that people seem to need (because frankly, urban fantasy has moved a lot closer to paranormal romance in recent years).

It's just a case of keeping going, I suppose. It's a question of hunting around until I find a publisher that's really interested in a story featuring fake fake psychics (not a typo), deceptively grumpy former angels, the topography of the UK, parodies of medieval vision literature and strange forays to meet Death in a small cottage on the Welsh border.

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Good luck! That is quite a mixture.

Bavardess said...

This sounds like a book I would love to read! Good luck with the publishers. Keep the faith.