Tuesday, 27 September 2011

A Brief Post

Preparations for the York University Open continue with me trying not to panic about all the things I've identified as problematic with my fencing technique (it's only my grip/distance/long attack/guard position/feinting). Plenty to work on in the next two weeks.

I'm currently reading Tom Holt's Open Seseme. Of all his books, I think it has probably been the slowest read for me, though that may just be that I rather overdid things on his back catalogue.

Incidentally, an idea for every person who ever has too many ideas, or trouble trying to choose between them. Simply write down everything you would ever want to see in a book, stare at the resulting mess of a list, and then have a blinding flash of inspiration as you see a single coherent thread through it. And no, I haven't.

1 comment:

Donna Hole said...

Oh, I was hoping you could tell me how to work that technique :(

Good luck with the competition.

......dhole