Saturday, 9 July 2011

Failure.

You may recall that a while ago, I said I was going to have a go at writing without a plan just to see how it went. Well, it's been. And gone. I deleted the resulting saggy mess just a short while ago. Essentially, it confirmed my long held beliefs about that approach, which are that you get a few brilliant scenes from pure inspiration, and the rest doesn't have enough behind it to keep up. Back to the drawing board. I might switch to short stories for a bit, since I have a novel coming out soon enough anyway.

2 comments:

Raquel Byrnes said...

Consider it an exercise or an experiment that proves you're doing what works for you. As a type-A, binder-loving, outline-making, plot block constructing kind of writer...I'm impressed you gave it a go. :)

Dave King said...

Congrats on the one that's coming out. Regard the other as a brave experiment with elements of success. These things are never lost to us, they go on working somewhere.