Thursday, 10 February 2011

Stuff

  • A client has asked me to produce something surprisingly similar to an idea people have been asking me to play with for a while. It's comic sci-fi rather than fantasy, but there are still strange schools, parodies of other things, and a decent helping of evil. Or there will be when I finish the plan, anyway.
  • Also on the planning front, I want to make sure it's not just me, but the most basic point with any plan is that you plan the whole piece of work, and then write the piece of work, isn't it? I'm only asking because I have run into someone who plans a bit at a time, but surely this combines all the worst points of plotting and pantsing?
  • I'm reading Dante's Inferno at the moment. Great fun, even if I keep having to look at the notes to learn who half the people he meets are. It's interesting to see how many of the standard elements of the genre he keeps.
  • Tonight is the junior foil competition at my fencing club. I know, because I'm running it. It was supposed to be two weeks ago, but only a couple of our juniors have shown up each week. This week is absolutely their last chance.

No comments: