Monday, 29 November 2010

Things I'm Writing

I occasionally mention that I'm trying to write lots of things at once (usually shortly before I mention that I have deleted lots of things at once) and I'm doing it again. It's just that this time, I'm determined to keep the files for these projects around so that even if they don't get finished immediately, I can keep coming back to them. I'm currently working on:

  1. The Glass. A man so sadly pathetic that he can only end up as the assistant to a fake psychic gets catapulted into a battle between abandoned angels and the things that live just the other side of the mirror. I'm aiming for funny and creepy in equal parts.
  2. Dave Maccleston: Lord of Darkness. An ordinary bloke ends up taking over a small kingdom of evil when the former overlord dies in a tragic 'messing with the fabric of reality' accident.
  3. Corners. Started life as something about the rather strange city I mentioned in other things, and is due to end up as a merry wandering around all sorts of places.
  4. Grey Knight. A brief meander into the realm of urban faerie stuff that I tried to write once before. William Grey was taken by one of the courts of the fey a couple of centuries back, as one of those people they keep alive while it amuses them. Now, he has to work for their interests in the modern world, while trying to claim back some semblance of humanity and identity. Probably fewer jokes.
  5. A vague idea about dungeon design as a money laundering scheme for the gnomish mafia. Another one I've tried to write before.
As you can see, the ideas get less defined as I go along, but that's mostly just about the attention I'm currently giving each one (and that, of course has to fit around the writing I'm being paid for).

4 comments:

Wendy Tyler Ryan said...

Wow, and I was feeling bad for having so many projects started. Glad I'm not the only one.

Raquel Byrnes said...

I love your sense of humor and hope you have something with Mungos in the works.
Edge of Your Seat Romance

Donna Hole said...

That's quite a writing list. The Grey Warrior sounds intriguing.

Good luck with Thursdays match. And next time, I hope you remember where the floor is :)

......dhole

Madeleine said...

Of all of these you've listed I'm most intrigued by number 5.
I always have lots of projects on the go too, including writing ones.
I have a ghost short story unfinished, a romantic short story back on the rewrite pile and a WIP suspence chick lit thing of 32,000+ words so far. :O)