Tuesday, 9 November 2010

Tenth

I came tenth at the Leeds Open, which was only a couple of places off where I suspected I might end up when I saw the direct elimination sheets. I'm slightly annoyed to have lost my first DE match by getting carried away, but since winning it would have run me straight into Mike Berry (who beat the guy who beat me 15-1), it's not like it makes too much difference. I may even have acquired a ranking point or two as a result of the day (but no more than that. I think there were perhaps three people from the top hundred there).

I haven't written much on any personal projects in the last few days, though I'm trying to put together some samples of script writing and biography as an obvious way of expanding my current work. Both seem to be potentially useful areas for ghostwriting, but as always in this game, you need to have already done things before people will let you do things. I suspect it's the same with almost everything.

4 comments:

Summer Ross said...

Tenth isn't bad, atleast you were expecting it sort of.

I understand about you must do before you can...LOL its weird our world works that way. But I understand it. Mostly. Doesn't make it any less uncomfortable sometimes though.

I was looking at online editing jobs and came across this. Its weird, someone has to give in and do an internship or something, otherwise the people they are "looking" for wont come in to play.

Wendy Tyler Ryan said...

Congrats on your ranking.

Raquel Byrnes said...

Sounds like you did as expected. I'm happy to hear you placed so high. You definitely expanded your experiences.

Have fun with the script work.
Edge of Your Seat Romance

Tina Lynn said...

*sigh* I've always wanted to learn to fence.