Wednesday, 24 November 2010

Stuff

  • The Ashes starts tonight, and I imagine I will do what I always do when they are in Australia, which is to stay awake just long enough to watch the first few overs. Here's hoping that they get off to a slightly better start than last time around.
  • A quick trip to one of the local jujitsu clubs has left me rather bruised, partly because I'm fairly prone to small injuries at the best of times, but mostly because I kept losing track of where the floor was when I was supposed to be breaking my fall. I think I also made the mistake of trying to be as hard in style as everyone else there. My few moments of success came when I drifted into something that was more Tai Chi than anything.
  • On the other hand, it has given me an excuse not to fence my club's men's foil competition on Thursday, so I shall be presiding for it instead. It makes more sense anyway, given that I'm supposedly the new club captain.
  • Various books I have ghostwritten are all coming out at once. Obviously, I can't say what they are, but it's nice to see them. One, however, keeps drifting back and back. It's the one where I let the most of my comedy style into the writing, so perhaps that has worried someone.
  • I persist in trying to write lots of things at once, and in working on novel length stuff. Possibly, until I've managed to do something with the three that are already written but unpublished, it might make more sense to work on shorter stuff, but I tend to get carried away.
  • Are there any blogfests around? I seem to have lost touch.

5 comments:

Clara said...

Tai Chi is way better then Jiu Jitsu Stu, so you're on the right track =)

Congrats (I guess?) on your ghosts!

stu said...

As someone who trained in tai chi for ten years or so, and who continues to play around with bits from it, bagua and hsing i, I'm certainly fond of them. However, it's hard to find someone who actually teaches tai chi as a martial art rather than focussing on the form (which is in some senses the least tai chi part of it, since the story goes that the man who taught the Chen family didn't have the time or inclination to teach the whole thing and so just shoved some internal principles into their existing, hard style, form)

There are also areas, such as a decent ground game, that most tai chi instructors don't focus on. This seems like a good way to become a little better rounded.

Wendy Tyler Ryan said...

At least you have work coming out even if it's covert.

It's been a little quiet with NaNo going on in November, but Francine always seems to know what's going on with blogfests. Check out her blog for details.
http://www.tgunwriter.blogspot.com/

Lauren said...

Congrats on being the new club captain! And congrats on the ghostwritten stuff!

Tessa Conte said...

If you want, you can still join my Outside the Box Blogontest - it's open till Dec 5th...

http://tessasblurb.blogspot.com

(link's in the sidebar)