Sunday, 12 September 2010

Monsters with bite.

Vampires and werewolves, werewolves and vampires. Endlessly. To celebrate the zombie sofa, and because I half hope that someone will be sufficiently silly to take one of these ideas and run with it, some slightly less common monsters:

  1. The Were-Accountant. Perfectly happy twenty odd days of the month, but spends the four around the full moon advising on offshore tax options. (I use this one in a couple of things.)
  2. Things. My favourite. The capital letter is important.
  3. The Mer-Fish. Half fish. Half... um fish.
  4. Vampire penguins. After all, they do look like they're wearing evening dress at all hours.
  5. Those gremlins that quite clearly sit on traffic lights waiting for me to arrive, before changing them to red.
  6. The actor's ghost. As per normal ghosts, but only allowed to show up at feasts, accusations of murder and drinking contests. May inspire pointless soliloquies.

4 comments:

Elena Solodow said...

7. Coincidence.

The monster that makes the hairs on your arm stand up when you realize you have the same middle name as your neighbor's dog...or something similar to that.

Tessa Conte said...

LOL I love these little posts of yours. Definately a webby highlight!

Mer-fish and were-accountants. Seriously.

*laughing my head off, here*

Donna Hole said...

I've been by here three times today. I wanted to leave a flash fiction for one of the prompts. But I'm in the middle of two beta reads and I always send indepth critiques. So, writing is kinda on hold.

But, I like these monster prompts. And roh morgan has the monster fest coming near the end of October. I'm going to save these and pick one to write my blog fest entry on.

I'm undecided between the Were-Accountants and the stop-light gremlims. Both are equally intriguing. Maybe I can combine them.

You see how you've sucked me in with this prompt? Very distracting from what I need to be doing today. I hope you have some guilt over that (very minimal; like, not even measurable :))

Have a great evening Stu.

.......dhole

Raquel Byrnes said...

Love number 6. I think I know a few of those ghosts...only mistook them for family.

Fun idea, Stu!

Edge of Your Seat Romance