Friday, 6 August 2010

Stuff

  • England start their second Test against Pakistan today (probably about five minutes ago). It seems like a bit of a waste of time to write anything more than that when so much of Pakistan is suffering in the aftermath of flooding. I'm not even going to complain about the latest round of sackings and recalls that go hand in hand with Pakistan's cricket.
  • August is the month without fencing, and I'm bored. Must think of something to do. I've been thinking of drifting back into the weird world of martial arts for a bit, though my last couple of attempts at that were quite brief.
  • I'm currently reading K.E.Mills' Wizard Squared. It's an amusing, interesting book. The only slight downside is that, for the first five chapters at least, the amusing, interesting book in question is the first of the series in which this is the third. I'm not sure about it as an approach to writing parallel universes.
  • May I just say that, as fun as I'm sure YA vampire romance is to read (well, I say sure...) writing it can be slightly awkward, largely because there are quite a lot of obvious UF things (unpleasant violence, sex, death, metaphors for addiction, slightly borderline MCs) that don't really scan. Still, I'm sure I'll get it finished. Probably today.

2 comments:

Theresa Milstein said...

The flood in Pakistan is terrible.

I tried Martial Arts for a time. It really got me in good shape. I should try it again.

Good luck finishing your vampire novel.

Raquel Byrnes said...

I can't get past the whole "cold" thing. Maybe its just me, but its hard for me to find freezing, marble-like, dudes anymore interesting than the mannequins at Macy's...and they don't bite or talk back.