Thursday, 19 August 2010

Soundtrack to a Cake

I have finished a couple of short stories, though I'm not sure that they have come out as well as they might. It can be a bit like baking a cake sometimes. You put all the ingredients in, but if you don't stir them quite right...

On the other hand, I have high hopes for both my comedy/fantasy/murder mystery story, which plays around with detective story cliches until I get bored, and my story based around the problems of nipping down to the shops when there are portals to other worlds lying around.

On an only vaguely related note, almost everything I have written in the past few days has been done to a soundtrack consisting of:

  1. Country group Lady Antebellum's debut album, having caught the start of BBC Radio 2's country programme on my way to fencing a couple of times.
  2. Ozzy Osbourne's new album Scream. Great stuff, and new guitarist Gus G. certainly doesn't let the newbie status slow him down.

1 comment:

damiandaily said...

That's a great constrast. I love it when life is accompanied by our own soundtracks.