Friday, 14 May 2010

Sheffield Tomorrow

I'll probably be putting my own projects on the back burner for the next few days as I work to get one of the pieces of ghostwriting finished. Even so, I'll probably keep having a read through CofD, not least because it is my favourite among those things I've finished.

I'm off to Sheffield tomorrow for the Sheffield Open. A slightly higher standard than the Yorkshire Sabre, but worth actual ranking points and things, so probably worth the effort. I would complain about the difficulty of getting to lots of opens when you live in East Yorkshire, but since one of the people coming to Sheffield has come up from Colchester, I haven't got a leg to stand on. (I say this in the full knowledge that it won't make any sense to anyone outside the UK).

I've been reading Philip Jane's I, Arnold, part 3 of the Galaxy Game series. It's interesting to see someone take the notion of literary deus ex machina to such hilarious extremes.

1 comment:

Susan Fields said...

Have fun at the Sheffield Open tomorrow. You're right, your place names don't make any sense to me, but they sound very foreign and cool!