Friday, 21 May 2010

Done

I've more or less finished my latest ghostwriting effort (a bit of editing to go still), and it's amazing how much you can get done when you really make the effort. I think this ended up taking a couple of weeks of actual writing. Of course, it helps that I'm being paid to do it, and I'm not trying to fit it in around real life.

It's also today that I've first seen something I have ghostwritten on the (electronic) shelves. No, I'm not going to tell you what, because I'm not allowed, but it's a wonderful feeling. (And also a rather nicer front cover than the stuff with my name on, as it happens).

Fencing wise, a friend suggested last night that I might like to take part in the nationals, given that they aren't too far away. I might go. After all, if I'm going to get demolished by better fencers, I might as well make it the top lot.

I'm re-reading The Graveyard Book, which is fun, though I do think some of the reviewers got carried away. It is a wonderful, whimsical book, but calling it the best book Neil Gaiman has written is pushing things, at least in my opinion, because his novels for adults do all of that while adding in depth and complexity. I'm also reading Flashman and the Tiger, mostly because I happened to see it in a second hand bookshop.

3 comments:

sarahjayne smythe said...

Congrats on finishing. That has got to be one of the best feelings in the world. :)

Wendy aka Quillfeather said...

Congrats on finishing your ghostwriting effort.

Good luck with the fencing!

stu said...

It is quite good, yes.