Saturday, 10 April 2010

Toast!

I'm taking part in the bar scene blogfest tommorow, hosted here. Some of you might have briefly seen my effort, because I got the dates wrong, but it will definitely be up tommorow.

I realised the other day that I have been inadvertently (all right, occasionally deliberately) cultivating the image of a slightly eccentric writer type. Mostly I realised this when I jokingly mentioned to some friends that the main disadvantage of toasters was that things tended to get quite messy if you try to make cheese on toast in them. One of them suspected that I was the sort of person to try it. For anyone in any doubt, I do not do that sort of thing. I don't even like cheese on toast.

On the other hand, maybe that sort of image is a useful thing. After all, except for my quite dark urban fantasy novel Searching (and the eventually to be released sequel Witch Hunt, which admittedly has a slightly lighter tone. You don't have a copy of the first one yet? Neither does most of the rest of the world. It really must hurry if it wants to understand what's going on when it gets to the second one.) I mostly do various degrees of funny. I'm not sure that being known as the sort of person who scrupulously does not do things to toasters necessarily works with that.

Of course, I still have the fact that I like writing scenes in pubs, despite the fact that I don't drink. Does that count as odd enough? If not, I'm sure I can always find a toaster somewhere...

Ok, enough about the toasters. I'll see you again tomorrow, with my usual brand of rather odd pubs.

No comments: