Monday, 11 January 2010

Stuff

  • The snow in the UK is currently slowing down my corrections to the PhD. I've been told to reference a source where the nearest copy seems to be in York, and the conditions haven't exactly been right for the journey.
  • Also, does anyone have any ideas about where I might find a decent map of the Archdiocese of York in the central Middle Ages?
  • More SEO, though I did have a nice bit of work the other day writing a blurb for a children's book. Maybe ghostwriting next. Whatever it is, I can't see myself doing this long term, but maybe it will let me bring some useful skills to an academic job.
  • More work on the third in the series that started with Searching. Witch Hunt, the second, hasn't hit the copy-edit stage yet, but I thought I'd get on with it. I've tried planning everything neatly, but that meant that the rhythm of the writing was dicated by the plan, rather than how it needed to feel. Instead, I'm keeping the basics, but just trying to write naturally for the rest of it.
  • I need to put together more academic articles. The trick is finding a moment when I'm actually in the right frame of mind. Maybe my trip to York will spark something.
  • I've also got another novel plan bubbling away. I can't decide if it's unique enough yet, or if I'm in a position to write it as well as it could be. I might be better waiting. But for what?

4 comments:

Jodie said...

'does anyone have any ideas about where I might find a decent map of the Archdiocese of York in the central Middle Ages?'

I want to say York, but that seems too easy...Brazil?

MG Higgins said...

Congrats on being so productive! Wish I could help you out with that Archdiocese map, but alas....

stu said...

The trick at the moment is getting to York, given the state of the roads, and particularly of the ungritted farm track that forms my driveway.

Demon Hunter said...

You are quite busy. Congrats. I' sure you'll do well with all your projects and school. :-D