- Because I've moved around a bit, my accent tends to wander if I'm not careful. The trouble is, I have no idea I'm doing it at the time, because I'm also one of those people who thinks their voice sounds very different to how it really does.
- It took me six attempts to pass my driving test. Six.
- Rather unfortunately, given my academic field, I have a terrible memory for dates. Most of the time it isn't an issue, given that I can write them down and refer to them, but it can be a bit awkward when I can't remember things like exactly what year Beverley suffered a major fire. (Um... probably 1188-90ish, I think)
- Despite reading poetry and living in Hull, the first time I read any of the Hull "school" (as others have pointed out, it hardly counts as one stylistically) of poets I was a few hundred miles away, in Canterbury.
- When I first learnt to fence sabre, the fleche was still allowed and some small competitions didn't use electric kit in the first few rounds. I always love it when people in their fifties and sixties try to tell me about how much better fencing was in the old days. I was there. Even if I was eight.
Tuesday, 26 January 2010
Kreative Blogger Award
Lisa Damian has given me this Kreative Blogger Award, so thanks to her. Apparently, I'm supposed to tell you five random things about myself: