Sunday, 13 September 2009

Stuff

  • The first training session of the new fencing season over at Hull's fairly social fencing club was on Thursday. It's a bit odd not preparing for the university one for the first time in years, but I'd like to think I'm having a positive effect. At least, there was a sudden outbreak of sabre-ing, which has to be a good thing.
  • On the other hand, I have apparently become monumentally unfit over the summer, probably from the lack of cricket. As in "ready to collapse by the end of a match" unfit. I may have to do something about that. Or just settle for sticking my arm out and waiting for the other person to run onto it.
  • Lots of printing to do today. I hope my tired old printer feels up to 576 pages of research, but suspect it probably isn't going to like it. Since we're off to the bindary on Tuesday, it will just have to cope. Spare printers are on hand.
  • For the first time in ages, I've started a history book that I'm simply interested in, rather than because I suspect it may have the word "minster" tucked away in it somewhere. Actually, Arnold's Belief and Unbelief in Medieval Europe still might, but that's not why I'm reading it.
  • I'm continuing to break bits of research down into articles, basically rewriting relevant bits of chapters, but I'm taking my time. It doesn't strike me as something to do in a rush, and I want the main thesis in first.

No comments: