Friday, 4 September 2009

Stuff

  • I think I've finished the writing and proofreading on the PhD. I think. It's hard to be certain with this sort of thing, because my supervisor might make a last minute suggestion, or I might need to re-do bits to get it through, but I think it's finally done. Of course, I've still got the sitting waiting and hoping the examiners like it to do, and then the viva to get through, even once it's in.
  • The first royalty statement for Searching came through this morning, and more than the anticipated (by me in my more pessimistic moments) three people bought it. Still not likely to start troubling the bestseller lists in the near future, but good anyway.
  • Because of these two factors, I might actually do some work on some fiction in a minute.
  • Then again, I might continue working on the history articles, which are probably a better use of my time, but slightly harder to fit jokes into. Though I suppose I could try.
  • I'm reading Jasper Fforde's First Among Sequels with a certain amount of trepidation. My friend Adam, whose opinion I respect on these things, was really quite scathing about this one. I can only hope that his occasional chemistry related accidents have temporarily knocked his sense of humour sideways. (Try standing further from the exploding test tubes, Adam)

No comments: