Thursday, 9 July 2009

Stuff

  • I've spent some time looking through potential short stories for Gloom Cupboard, and there are some good ones, but I'm always open to more. I'm expecting to make some decisions around the middle of the month with a view to getting the edition out at the back end of July.
  • My paperback copy of Searching arrived this morning, and it doesn't look too bad. I'd still be inclined to go with the e-book at the moment, if only because of the expense of the paperback, but unwrapping it was certainly a good moment.
  • I'm reading Banquet for the Damned by Adam Nevill. Currently excellent, but a weird decision to go with the present tense throughout.
  • England are up past 300 overnight, and the Cardiff pitch should suit the spinners. So far, so good.
  • I've decided to sort out some of the smaller things on the PhD while I'm waiting for feedback; the bits I've been ignoring, like the appendix I keep agreeing would probably be a good idea.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

There is something about the tactile feel of a book that eBooks just can't compete with. Maybe I'll move over to eBooks for some things, but anything for fun, must, unfortunately, come with the death of a tree.