Monday, 6 July 2009

A spot of writing

Since I'm in a brief patch of waiting for PhD feedback before I can proceed, I've decided to fit in a little bit of writing. I've started an alternate version of the sequel that was giving me so much trouble, to see what works, and I'm 3000 words in. I've also finished my short story about reality shows.

In reading, I've been re-reading Pratchett's Thief of Time, which is great fun, but also manages to balance a good story. Editing wise, I've been going through submissions, and I have a pretty good idea of what the pieces are I want to use so far, but a certain amount depends on what else comes in before the next editon of Gloom Cupboard.

4 comments:

Christina said...

It must feel good to have the short story done. I think my spirits would be higher if I could actually get this project I'm working on, done fairly soon.

stu said...

Aren't you working on about four things at once?

Lauren said...

That's great that you are getting some quality writing work in while waiting for your feedback. I hope that your feedback requires little/no more editing!

What will you do once your thesis paper is all done?

stu said...

I've been applying for assorted jobs, only one of which has any connection whatsoever to history. Nice to know this hasn't been a waste of time or anything.