Tuesday, 21 April 2009

A pause

I'm still avoiding writing anything seriously for the moment, though there is one issue with it that I've found: what exactly do you do when you aren't writing?

On the one hand, it seems to be freeing up my concentration for the "important" things, but on the other, it has also left me with some slight gaps to fill. Short of actually, I don't know... getting a social life or something, there's a lot of time needs filling up.

Ok, so maybe I'm not being that serious. But I suspect that with the majority of people who write, it is one of their main hobbies, even if it should happen to turn into slightly more than that. Stop, and other things have to fill the space. In my case, it translates into quite a lot of musical practise, but I'm sure it must take different people in different ways.

Of course, I only said I was writing a little less (as in not novel writing, essentially) so I haven't stopped completely. I'm still producing the odd story or poem as the mood takes me. Unfortunately, they seem to be quite strange moods, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to do anything with them, but then again, who cares?

1 comment:

Lauren said...

lol...this made me chuckle. I dunno...with your PhD stuff I'm sure you've got tons to fill your time with. :)