Wednesday, 29 April 2009

Meme

A meme nicked from Dave King over at Pics and Poems, on the basis that too much wading through hagiography has turned my brain to mush.

My Current Obsession: I suppose making my attempts at music more complete probably counts. I've been playing around a lot with a lot of solo guitar stuff, after the fashion of Steve Vai's Die to Live. Generally, though, I'm trying to obsess a little less at the moment.

Clothing I wear most often: Jeans, probably. Endless, identical pairs of jeans. You know that bit in the generally horrible film Inspector Gadget, where there are dozens of trenchcoats lined up in Gadget's wardrobe? It's a bit like that.

What's for dinner? You know, I have no idea. It depends what's in the fridge. Though we do seem to be making a lot of Thai Green Curry at the moment.

Favourite Vacation Spot: You're kidding, right? I don't get time off. Or rather, I get the completely weird mess of work that comes with being a research student.

I am reading: The Inimitable Jeeves (PG Woodhouse) about a dozen books on Rievaulx and Fountains abbeys, mostly on the basis that I have an essay to finish on them. Walter Daniel's Life of Ailred, anyone?

Four words to describe myself: Can't stick to word-

Guilty pleasures: If I feel guilty about them, should I shout them out? Oh all right. Jazz Fusion. And I'll occasionally read chick-lit if I'm bored enough. This is all your fault, you know, blogging people.

First spring cleaning thing: The contents of my many pockets

I look forward to: Someday putting forward a PhD draft that won't come back covered in corrections.

2 comments:

Merrilee said...

Good luck! It is the nature of thesis drafts to return with voluminous corrections.

Lauren said...

Good luck with the PhD.

I love what you said about the jeans and inspector gadget :)