Tuesday, 17 February 2009

Stuff

  • I'm almost at the end of the PhD, or at least I think I am. That's the problem. It can be hard to tell when it's of a high enough standard even when the words are down.
  • One issue arising from that is that I've got to put much more effort into finding what I want to do next. There may be people who have their lives planned out in detail, but I'm not one of them.
  • I'm currently reading Robert Twigger's Hidden Oasis, which is fairly enjoyable. One problem I've encountered is that Twigger's books always end up being more about him than about what he's writing about, and I'm increasingly finding that the version of himself he presents in them isn't one I feel I could particularly like.
  • A friend of mine had a bake-sale yesterday, and I may have possibly overdone things on the cake front.
  • I have finally discovered the secret of learning tunes, which is, it seems, to actually practise them occasionally.

1 comment:

trickylittleimp said...

I've kinda worked with R Twigger; you may be on to something, tho' unsure what!