- Starting to read Frankenstein, which is ok, but seems to have a couple of minor flaws. Maybe the rest of the book will make up for it.
- Trying to remember how to wave a sword about properly. I might actually have to make an effort to get into the university team for once, so I am.
- Starting short stories and then deleting them. I've been trying to force myself to write them, when I'm clearly not in the mood.
- Learning to crochet from my mother. Curiously she seems to think that 'bogie hook' isn't the proper term for the main implement.
- Digging out all of my old paints and finding out which were dried up. I also produced a painting of a tree better suited to a ten year old, but I'm going to pretend I didn't. I'm not going to let a complete lack of any discernible talent stop me, or I'd never get anything done.
Friday, 3 October 2008
Things I've been doing: