Wednesday, 17 September 2008

Stuff

  • I received my copy of the first issue of Inside Out Magazine today and it looks great. Of course, everyone else there is putting together poetry and short stories while I was just filling in on that on, knocking out copy for a less artistic section. Even so, it's a good thing to have been part of.
  • I keep forgetting to do revision on the new novel. I'm too easily distracted by other things.
  • Such as the short story I finished last night. I'm writing slightly longer short stories than I used to, but since I can't think of a way of making them shorter without losing something that feels right, I'm sure they're the length they need to be.
  • I'm still working on the conclusion to the PhD, a little bit at a time.

3 comments:

selonus said...

Are you going to post a small piece of your new short story? Also, what degree will your PhD be in?

stu said...

I generally only post poems here, and only that when I'm in a slightly silly mood. The PhD will be in medieval history, when I finally get round to finishing it.

stu said...

Though if you do feel a sudden urge to read one of my short stories, try the link under 'fishing for worlds' in the archives.