Friday, 15 August 2008

Stuff

  • Just when I thought my cricket season was over, it turns out I'm playing tomorrow. I suppose I should be thankful for other people's holidays.
  • The Olympic cycling, sailing and rowing are all reaching the medal stages, so most of the UK's best chances for medals are coming up. As for my fellow sword wielding people, Kruse and O'Connell both went out in the first round, right on cue. Slightly more unexpected was that Russia's Sergei Podzniakov went out in the last 32 of the sabre. He wins World Championships for fun, so why does he find the Olympics so hard?
  • I can't even remember half the stuff I've been reading in the past few days, which probably shows how much of an impression it's making. I'm about half way through Tanya Huff's Smoke and Ashes though, which is good so far. She has a real eye for detail, not to mention some quirky ideas that stretch the usual urban fantasy stuff.
  • Must find birthday card for my brother. It would be easier if he didn't hate birthdays so much.
  • For the first time in ages, I didn't write anything yesterday. I'm calling it a holiday. Emphatically not a block.

2 comments:

betweenplace said...

I couldn't write yesterday either. Must be the position of the Moon.... or something....

stu said...

I prefer to think of it as the Writing Gremlins.