Thursday, 3 July 2008

Rain, rain...

I was due to play cricket tonight and, of course, it rained...

But we played anyway. I have no idea who it was against, partly because I didn't think to ask, and partly because I couldn't read the name on their shirts; I had to hand my glasses to an umpire part way through because I couldn't see through the film of water on the lenses. Sadly, since I got them back in time to bowl, I can't use that as an excuse for bowling a bunch of wide (generally unreachable) deliveries. On the other hand, when I did finally bowl one straight, the poor bloke batting against it was so surprised that he hit it straight to a fielder. In cricket, as sometimes in life, luck counts for a lot. Mind you, since they beat us by over 50 runs, I'm not sure it counts for as much as skill.

2 comments:

Andi said...

Last night, I spent the evening watching bands play in the rain - there's something about the rain that makes everything more special, no matter how much I complain.

stu said...

Rain's almost required for any kind of outdoor music event.