Thursday, 17 July 2008

A Poem is Up

Well, that has to be some sort of record. Earlier, I submitted a poem to poetry zine Ancient Heart Magazine, and the editor obviously liked it because it's up there (http://ancientheartmagazine.blogspot.com/) It probably helps that the place is very new, having just re-started after a lay off. So new, in fact, that my poem is apparently the first on the place. Still, when you're used to waiting weeks until people are able to overcome the contents of their inboxes sufficiently to get round to you, it's a pleasant surprise. Incidentally, this is one of those rare things from me; a mostly serious poem. Who'd have thought it?

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Very nice. Congrats!

Lisa Damian said...

Not only was it published, but it also held the honor of being the first to be published in the new version of the magazine. Excellent!

stu said...

Thanks, both of you. It should be interesting to see what's next up there.

April Boland said...

It is the first of your poems I've read that didn't rhyme, so it was a bit of a shock, but it is great. Well done!

stu said...

It's a rarity for me, but something I do occasionally, particularly when I suspect an editor will bin something the moment they see rhyming pairs.