Tuesday, 15 July 2008

30,000

Right, that's 30000 words out of the way. All I've got to worry about now are all the usual things: forgetting what the plot was supposed to be, getting carried away and giving away half of it too early, realising that I've got to completely re-work the ending, and so on.

I went to an exhibition the other day of the work of Bridlington based artist Karen Trower, who sculpts in leather and gemstones on wire frames. It's quite an interesting experience walking into what's usually Fred Elwell central only to be confronted by eight and a half feet of ostrich. Not to mention the lifesize sculpture of a black rhino.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congratulations on breaking that 30k mark! Very exciting!

stu said...

Thanks, though it's mostly just a question of getting as far away from the dreaded 28000 words as possible.

Andi said...

Many congratulations to you! Now if I could only get to that milestone myself. :)

stu said...

I'm sure you will.