Tuesday, 13 May 2008

Thesis meeting

I had the annual assessment today and it seems to have gone well, apart from the comment that my thesis seems to be lacking a... thesis. Apparently, I haven't been putting it across strongly enough, getting sidetracked in the detail. That's something I'm going to have to correct, and quickly. Some good news though. It turns out that the minimum wordcount is just 80 000 words, where I had thought it was closer to the 100 000 mark. That's only 4000 words or so off where I am at the moment, and I've still got a conclusion and bibliography to get done. That makes me feel a lot less worried about the whole thing. Now, if only I could remember what my argument was.

2 comments:

Heather said...

LOL oh dear. Well I'm sure it'll pop up soon enough.

stu said...

Thankfully, the nice people at the meeting suggested what they thought the argument ought to be. I'm quite happy to give the audience what it wants in this case.