Sunday, 18 May 2008

More submissions

The new novel is (just about) underway, having taken a while to plan and I'm submitting the first one to a publisher this week. I've written it here to force myself into it, since I seem to be putting it off. I suspect the fiasco with the first lot hasn't helped in that regard.

I've also been putting together a submission of poetry for a magazine and I've run into two minor problems. 1- I can't remember what I've got out there being considered by other places, having lost the place where I wrote it down. 2- I'm still self censoring, rejecting good poems simply because they aren't enough like 'serious poetry'. Still, hopefully the things I've finally pieced together will be good enough, and I don't think they're under consideration anywhere else.

6 comments:

Andi said...

Good luck to you all the way around. I have lots of writing tasks to get done myself (drafting and submissions), so I feel your pain! Putting it in writing on my blog seems to help move me forward in that regard as well.

stu said...

And it might even help me to remember that I've made the submissions.

Andi said...

Tomorrow I start with the summer plan of submitting . . . maybe I should follow your lead and blog to keep myself accountable . . . good luck with your new book - that's exciting!

Stephanie said...

I started a chart to keep track of my stories - which had been submitted and rejected from which journals. But then seeing the rejection boxes fill up depressed me so I stopped using it. It was helpful for a while though!

April Boland said...

Good luck on submitting that novel!

stu said...

Thank you all for such kind comments.