Thursday, 15 May 2008

First Match

For me, the cricket season kicked off about four hours ago, when I finally got a game for a not very local evening league side. It probably sounds fairly obsessive to go wandering all over in search of something that is, after all, just a game, but it was a lot of fun. Better still, we won. I didn't get to bowl (no one recognises my brilliance!) but I did bat, managing the grand total of 3 of our 128 runs.

I've been reading New Moon by Stephanie Meyer, and it's simply amazing. I've wandered in part way through the series, but even so it's easy to work out what's going on and very, very readable.

The nice people over at Aphelion are apparently in the process of getting their archives sorted out, so hopefully in a week or two some of the poems that I've had up there are going to be available.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

It may just be a game but the whole point is to get a chance to play, right? After all, you can watch the game from the stands just as well as the bench.

For some reason I've been resisting reading the Stephenie Meyer Twilight series. I think it's because I'm afraid it will turn into another one of those Anita Blake things where it becomes the same book over and over and the character never grows or goes anywhere and yet new books keep getting released. Plus, as much as I loved the Joss Whedon Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV show, vampires don't seem to do much for me.

stu said...

The twilight series seems to be on a very different tack, from the little I've read of this one book. The supernatural elements are very much secondary to the main character's growth. Although the genre's much more my thing, this is certainly much closer to 'normal' literature than most of the the rest of it.

Heather said...

I agree with Stu. Stephanie, perhaps once she's finished the series you'll feel more like giving this a read.