Sunday, 13 April 2008

The Novel's Off

If you thought I was annoyed earlier, it's nothing compared to now. My publisher has just e-mailed me informing me that they are getting out of the publishing game completely, and that, as a result, my first novel will not be coming out.

That puts me right back to square one, submitting it somewhere else and seeing what happens. There are days when I wonder if it's worth the hassle. I know that when I do get round to doing so, I won't be going anywhere near a new publishing house again. It might increase the odds of acceptance, but the whole point is to have someone behind things who knows more than I do. Of course, now I've got to persuade a whole new publisher that the novel is worth their effort to publish. I'm incredibly angry about this right now. You put in months of work, and then spend more months waiting, and nothing comes out of it.

3 comments:

April Boland said...

I'm so sorry! I'm sure you will be successful again but I know how frustrated you must be.

stu said...

To be honest, I'm almost glad it happened. They weren't exactly pushing the novels they did release as much as I suspect they probably should have.

Andi said...

I hate to hear this, but I do hope another publisher comes along (and soon) who will promote its novels as it should.