Sunday, 13 April 2008

Not as Cancelled as I Thought

I've just received an e-mail confirming the renewal of my subscription to a website that bills itself as a 'writer's community'. Fine, except for one minor point. I had no intention of renewing that subscription. I signed up in the hopes of finding freelance opportunities in the UK, but ended up making just one successful article submission based on it, along with maybe two unsuccessful ones. Its 'job opportunities' mostly turned out to be competitions and training days, not paying gigs. I've had better results with a combination of search engines and the annual Writer's Market reference book. As soon as I'm finished whining about it here, I'm going to try e-mailing them, but I don't hold out much hope. Looks like I'm stuck with them another year.

No comments: