Tuesday, 1 April 2008

An Excuse to Find Things Out

It's strange the directions that research can take you in. What I'm writing at the moment seems to have acquired Morris dancers from somewhere, so I've been dragged off into finding out a little bit about the stuff. And no, I'm not sure how they got in there either. I've always been vaguely interested in everything, but with a bit of writing, I'm suddenly looking into things properly. Things that I might have filed away to look at later, I now have an excuse to look into in case there might be a poem or story in it somewhere. And, should someone ask silly questions like 'why exactly are you trying to find out about the mating habits of penguins?' I finally have an answer. That was a hypothetical example, incidentally, though I suddenly find myself wanting to know.

No comments: