- I memorised Shakespeare's 18th sonnet last night on a whim. People don't remember poetry nearly as much as they used to. On the other hand, they can probably remember the lyrics to every song in their collection.
- Just about ready to move from planning to writing on the short story, if I can find the energy.
- People who do a little bit of history in their degrees invariably think they know all of it, meaning I end up trying to explain the problems with the concept of feudalism in a pub at some odd hour.
- It turns out that Adam is the king of origami, though his efforts yesterday resulted in some sort of strange twirly thing.
- Things I'm reading: Beowulf (Seamus Heany trans), Shakespeare's sonnets, Sandworms of Dune (Brian Herbert and Kevin J Anderson) Pygmalion (George Bernard Shaw)
Saturday, 26 April 2008
A bit tired
I was stupid enough to suggest 5 hits winner stays on at sabre when I was fencing last night. Without Olly there, I ended up fencing ten or twelve bouts in a row. I'm now half dead. Bulletpoints then.