Saturday, 22 March 2008

Down Day

I got an e-mail today about an article I'd almost forgotten I'd written, confirming that the magazine I wrote it for has finally got its funding together and will be coming out later in the year.

I don't seem to have gotten much done so far today; a couple of hundred words on the new novel idea at most. It feels like that combination of wanting to do things and not having the energy that I get in my more down phases. I suspect this week's job rejection has hit me harder than I thought, probably because I really believed I could do the job quite easily.

Of course, it doesn't help that I've been having ideas for poems last thing at night, and from fear of losing them I've been scrambling to get them down. Not the best way to uninterrupted sleep, especially when the end results aren't that great anyway.

Still, I'm going to go back to the chapter I'm working on in a minute. If I stopped writing every time I felt like this, I'd never get anything done.

No comments: