Friday, 7 March 2008

Delays

There's been a setback on the novel front. Not with the one I'm editing at the moment, but with the one that's with the publishers. It means, at best, a delay before publication. They've offered the option of pulling out, letting me try to find another publisher, but I don't think I'm going to. Not only would that take almost as much time overall, but after the faith they've shown in my work so far, I think I owe them at least a little loyalty. Besides, they seem to be making the shift to print from e-books, which is kind of what I was hoping might happen anyway. As much as I like the idea of e-books, those things with all the papery pages are still real books to me.

I'm due to meet with my PhD supervisor some time next week. In theory, I've done quite a lot of the thesis, but no doubt a lot of it will need re-writing. I've got one more main chapter, a conclusion, and an appendix to get through. The trouble is, they seem to be the hardest parts. And I suspect that tidying up the references is going to be a nightmare. Still, one last push. All I've got to do then is work out what I want to do with my life now that academia is almost certainly out.

2 comments:

April Boland said...

Hey, I didn't realize you were in the process of being published - congrats!!

I guess I didn't read back far enough on your blog.

stu said...

In the process, and at this rate liable to remain that way for a while.