Wednesday, 19 March 2008

Another starting point

More re-writes on the PhD, but it seems to be getting a little closer to something that works. I've also written the first chapter of a possible novel; I think I'll throw some effort into that, since I like the basic idea, and rewrites on the other one can wait a while yet. Let's just say I like to keep busy.

It doesn't look like I've got the job from Saturday's interview, since it was today that they were supposedly notifying the candidates. It's a pity. Presumably my 'sparkling' personality did the trick once again face to face.

Thanks to not running away quickly enough at my local cricket club's AGM, I got roped into going to a cricket development group meeting last night. That's a couple of hours of my life I won't be getting back. How anyone can have such a long meeting and do so little is beyond me. I'm not even sure what the group is there for. Worse, the guy who runs it probably doesn't know.

No comments: