Sunday, 17 February 2008

Mary's Little Alien

Normally, it takes a while to get a decision back on submitted work, unless the editor has decided that they hate it within about five seconds of seeing it. I was surprised, therefore, to get a positive reply today to a submission I made to poetry site www.funny-poems.co.uk I don't know exactly when my poem will be going up, but it's still good news. The site itself is great, full of funny poems aimed at kids and well worth a look. My poem 'Mary's Little Alien' is, as you've probably guessed from the title, a reworking of Mary had a Little Lamb to include more creatures from outer space. I know, I know, I should be writing angst filled odes that touch the heart, but on the whole I'd really rather make people laugh.

I've spent some of the rest of the weekend updating my CV. It's amazing how a long list of articles can paper over a few of the more gaping holes in it.

3 comments:

Teeny Poet said...

Feel free to put any of your funny or other poems on my website I made for poetry writers. Peace

April Boland said...

Congrats! Please post when it's up so I can go check it out.

stu said...

I'll be sure to mention as soon as it's up, even if it is unbelievably silly.